.356 Win

m16a2223

I bought a Big Bore 94 in .356 Winchester a few years ago. Think I will ever be able to get factory loads for it again? Or am I SOL?

m16

M16. As you already know, the "Big W" has, in it's infinite wisdom, decided we no longer want or need certain rounds of ammo. But what do we, who have guns for these rounds know? Right?
Some of the rounds dropped were 7x57, .358 Win. and .458 Win. Mag. I remember these three because I use them. I wrote them a not too polite letter expressing my anger, and they replyed stating that these rounds would be loaded "on a seasonal basis", whatever that means. They gave the names of the two distributors who would supply this ammo when it was available, and instructed me to have my local gun shop order the ammo from them. I may still have that letter in my files. If I find it, I'll try to E-mail it to you. I have heard that they have
re-instated .358 Win. and .348 Win.
I don't know how much help this will be, but if you have the "Graf & Sons" catalog, they have .356 Win. in stock for $25.15 a box for 200 gr. Power points. Stock # WINX3561. Their order only phone number is:
1-800-531-2666.
I would have to assume that this is limited to stock on hand. Hope this helps.
Paul B.

M16. I found the E-mail, but my stupid puter won't let me forward it.
Anyway they give 4 outfits that are apparently their distributors.

Olin's E-mail address: CDHuseman@corp.olin.com

The man who wrote the E-mail's name is Chris Huseman.

The distributors are:

Williams Shooters Supply 217-222-6510
Zander's 618-785-2235
Coburn's 909-829-0718
Ellet Brothers 803-345-3751

I'm afraid that is all I have available.
Paul B.

[This message has been edited by Paul B. (edited September 17, 1999).]

Paul, thanks for your post. I have dealt w/ Zanders before when I was in business. I think I might still have one of their catalogs. Maybe I can get someone to order for me. Oh yeah, anybody wanna buy a mod 94 in .356 Winchester? ;)
m16

Back