.351 SL

M4Sherman

I found I couple of hundred rounds of .351 SL at a friends store and he want to know what they are worth. I figured I would offer him $.50 each but I don't want to screw either of us over. help!

If they're in the original boxes in good condition, depending on the age, I've seen them going for $75 and up a box.

If they're newer (1970s/80s) manufacture, they're still close to $50 a box.

I think .351 was always sold in boxes of 50, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

If he just has loose rounds I'd say 50 cents a piece is a good price.

It is brass cased FMJ with no corrosion. he said he bought 500rnds from a guy who had his rifle stolen. so far he has sold 244 to a company in PA for $150

The brass alone is worth $1.50...if you can find it. Bullets and other components for this round are fairly easy to come by. Brass on the other hand, is incredibly rare. Buffalo Arms has reformed 357 brass for $.80 a round but the correct brass, when they have it, is $1.50 BRASS ONLY. If I had his ammo, it would cost you $2.50 a round to get me to part with it. Factory boxes were 50 count.

I got to looking and it seems its worth about $2.00 each. I told him that and he said give me a buck per each and they are yours :).

well I am now in possesion of 195 of these bad boys. the brass is dirty but it cleans up really well I am going to keep part of it and sell the rest unless I find someone who is willing to sell a 1907 Winchester :rolleyes:

$1 a round is a good price. However, some of this older brass doesn't work too well in my 1907s. I've had several split cases jam the action and this was after looking at each very closely with a 10-power loop. So be careful. By the by, you should be able to find a decent 1907 Winchester for less than $500, less than $400 if you are patient. A small price to pay for one of the most important guns of the first half of the 20th century that no one has ever heard about. The 1907 was as least as popular as the Thompson with both good and bad guys in the 1930s - used by murderers like Dillinger, Nelson, Van Meter and by good guys like Askins, Winstead, White. With that much ammo you are ahead of the game - I'd buy a rifle and enjoy shooting a bit of history.

1907Lebartsy1.jpg

My 2-cents and worth every penny.

John

i am now the proud owner of a 1907 manufactured in 1916. I ended up with $409 bucks out the door and so far it seems to be worth it. The rifle is a all numbers matching but I believe it has been re-blued and also the forearm is cracked. now to find some dies and load data. (the original ammo I purchased where reloads but I was able to pull them apart)

Attachments

• 10112010250.jpg
    10112010250.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 25
here's a 1905, 35wsl. the rounds from buffalo arms cost $1.65 each for 300 made.
the first reload will drop the price to 0.90 per overall.
buffalo arms will cut cases to 35 and 351 wsl and put appropriate head stamp.
the last factory ammo was made in the mid seventies.

dscf0222.jpg

Back