350 remington mag ammo

I've owned my Remington 700 Classic since 1985 and killed a lot of deer with it. And done a lot of range work with it. But it's never seen a singe round of factory ammo. I've never owned any. You really need to reload this one. There are lots of excellent .358 bullets out there. I've used the Sierra 225 grain Game King more than any other. Max load of 4064. Far better ballistics than anything listed by the factory and excellent accuracy. Then load up something like a Nosler Partition for the larger game and you've got everything covered.

Gregg

Thanks for the replys. I ordered loaded ammo, cases and dies from Midway. Thanks, Dan I also see that Ammo-sale.com has loaded ammo at $96.00 to $104.00 a box. Dan

350 Rem Mag is on the obsolete list.

Various books are always doing that but I can usually look around and find semi-custom places that are still chambering rifles for that cartridge. Remington was doing so a very short time ago. It's a long way from moribund.

When I bought my rifle back in 85, I bought 200 pieces of new brass at the same time. I've been reloading 100 of them every since. 100 of them are still virgins. I've probably only thrown away 3-4 _ever_. Probably lost 3-4 in the woods. I'm not too worried about running out of brass.

Gregg

The .350 Rem Mag may be on somebody's obsolete list, but Remington makes rifles for it from time to time. And I believe they still produce ammo.

However, its not a big seller, and so they don't produce ammo continuosly, only doing a production run every few years.

Brass is still available, but not commonly available. My brass guy has suppled me with several hundred virgin cases over the last couple years, but it takes him a while to find it.

As far as I know, the only people who have ever made brass or ammo is Remington. I have a friend who has one of their Model 7s in .350 and I have one of the old 600 magnums.

I did find a couple boxes of loaded ammo at a gun show last year, but passed on them as they wanted $40 per box, and I felt that was too much. I can't believe the high price quoted of $100 per box, that is rediculous. Ok, I believe it, but just cannot understand why anyone would pay it.;)

A good enough round, and while factory ammo will always be availible, it will often be on a limited basis. That is one of those rounds that if you decide you are going to keep, you had best take up reloading.

Superior Ammunition makes the best. I have 225 grain Swifts loaded for me, and have used them for years, in Africa and out west!

Remington is going to stop making the brass ... they are not nice after making and selling all the Custom Shop 350 mag rifles like mine! I will not buy another Remington ever again!

Back