.32acp mossan Nagant revolver

I have one but have only fired it once. The Nagant ammo is expensive as it is a special ammo made only for this pistol. You can get a cylander to be able to fire .32.

There is a die set now from Lee that will allow to make ammo that can fire in the Nagant.

Fred

I can get one w/ extra cylinder for $90+ shipping+ dealer cost and wanted to know if they make a descent plinker in .32 acp? Probably will cost $150 OTD. rc

This pistol has much historical interest to collectors of military surplus weapons and has a unique gas seal mechanism that requires expensive and hard to find ammo. You can shoot S&W 32 long ammo in it, but without the gas seal effect. The gun has a terrible double action trigger and a fair single action trigger. The best thing going for it is its low cost and that may change because the importers seem to have run out. There are far bettter guns for plinking, the M1895 revolver was designed to shoot political prisoners in the back of the head. Get it if you want the history and unique mechanism, a 22 is better for plinking.

FWIW, I like the Model 1895 Nagants, own two, and would gladly own more if I could get them. I like them for their historical interest, varied markings, and odd yet successful design, rather than to shoot. I have one (expensive) box of Nagant cartridges, and guess I'll hang onto it.

For a good reference on the Nagant Revolver go to http://www.voicenet.com/~danz/MN/nagant3.htm I own two and have one of the 32 ACP cylinders which does not cycle at all in double action and doesn't do too well in single action either (I reverted back to the original cylinder). If you do not want to spend $25 a box for Nagant 7.62x38R (when you can find it) you can use .32 S&W Longs. They are more expensive than .32 ACP but half the price of Nagant ammo.

What does the recoil have to do with cycling? I reload and was wondering about .32 mag as well as acp. rc

I also like Nagants as collector's items more than to shoot. Around here, a box of gas-seal ammo costs about half the price of the gun, when it can be found at all.

The problem, for me, is that I passed up several chances to buy Nagants, before finally realizing how interesting they are. By the time I warmed up to them, they were about gone from the local gunshop. I bought a 1944 Izhevsk because it was the last one, even though its condition is poor compared with others that I could have gotten, but did not. I asked the dealer if he could order more. He tried, but found that the wholesaler had just run out. Nothing beats hindsight for clarity.

Back