.32ACP mold

a1parrothead

I am going to cast for my .32ACP. I am looking for suggestions on a mold.

I currently own many Lee molds and they work fine for me. I have a
Lee 311-100-2R on hand from a lot I bought used. But I think its better suited to .32 revolvers and the 100 grains is a bit heavier then I want. Any thoughts?

Any suggestions on a mold that would work well in the 75 to 78 grain weight? Any loading data to go with your suggested mold?

Thanks, Jeff

Not as light as you want, but if the 90-grain Lee Tumble Lube design will feed well from your gun, not only are the TL's tight shooters, IME, you can crimp over any of the gaps between the bands, so that even a modest taper crimp can still catch the edge of the next band to prevent setback. This makes COL adjustable.

Since you have the 311-100-2R on hand ...go ahead and give them a try ... see if a couple dummies (no primer , no powder ) can be set up to load into the magazine and then manually cycled through the action ... that bullet is rater long and there may not be enough room for it to cycle ... make sure it will plunk into and drop out of the barrel without the nose getting jammed in the throat/ rifling ... it is a long bullet .

I find data for 75 gr. and 85 gr. cast bullets in Lyman Cast #4, but nothing in 100 gr.
After looking at that long 100 gr. bullet ... life may be simpler if you picked up one of Lee's 311-93-1R bullet moulds ... it's a shorter bullet and might wok better all the way around ...weight and length wise !

I reloaded the 32 acp with Speer 100 gr. 30 cal. Plinkers back in the day but don't remember the load ... it did cycle but POI and POA was way off and the little Walther PPK had fixed sights ... I wouldn't call it successful !
Gary

Berry's has 71 grain plated bullets in stock right by the 1000 count for a very good price. Another easier option.

I am sad Hornady discontinued their 65 grain XTP's....

Back