.32?

ZVP

Anyone have experience with the .32 Cobra Derringer?
Less recoil than the .38?
Ggood I impact like the he .38
has?
.32 ammo seems to be pice over .38special.
I have a good boyitnof time with the .38,recoil is a bit sharp and
I'd really like it when shooting the .38 over a .22RF. The large frame feels better than the small .22 frame.
A low brecoil .it'd 38sure would be neat
158 gr is so ideal for S/D
Dave

Are you asking about smokeless in the blackpowder forum? If so, maybe it should be moved over to handguns general forum for more responses.

There's a fairly current one (started on Halloween) going on right now about carrying derringers. :)

Last edited:
Foolz - The .38spl and some .32's started life as BP cartridges... I guess they could still be loaded as such for the derringer?

Dave - Which .32 are we talking about, as there are a few? I have been known to carry an old Russian 9x18 while working in the private sector. I Carry my BP .44 snub nose from time to time now for SD... But even I wouldnt want ANY .32 in that small a package for SD, unless it where the .32H&R Mag. Even then Id want to be in pretty close... I wouldnt even consider a .32S&W short OR long in a derringer... JMHO

dave

I have never had a real derringer. But always liked them and have been tempted. As a kid I had a Nichols derringer cap gun and thought it was neat. Don't know why I haven't gotten one.

Personally I'm OK with a .32 cal. But I think shot placement is king. The Deutsche Werkes Ortgies 7.65mm (.32) is a very slick little auto. A derringer of that caliber would be so easy to conceal.

The cobra derringer is chambered for .32 acp. It's a small gun-much smaller than the .38 special model.
Cobra guns are made of die cast zinc and are not particularly durable guns.
Derringers are not particularly good carry guns.

Bill is correct about the frame material. Zinc alloy frame and zinc barrel shroud over rifled stainless insert. I have one in 9mm and have a low expectation on round count before it starts loosening up.

Get a modern derringer in 32 . Called a, KelTec P-32 more shots faster ,better accuracy, small and lite weight.

Why settle for 2 slow shots and a silly cross bolt safety When can have 7+1 9.4 oz loaded 5inch length- P-32:D

verses 2 very slow shots Overall Length: 4"
Weight: 9.5 oz empty derringer :rolleyes:

Cobra Derringer from website: L 4'' / 9.5 oz
Ruger LCP from website: L 5.16'' / 9.6 oz

I can't think of a reason why I'd rather carry two rounds of 32 rather than 7 rounds 380.
(For me, a 380 is a "back-up" / 2nd option, not primary)

Get a modern derringer in 32 . Called a, KelTec P-32 more shots faster ,better accuracy, small and lite weight.

Why settle for 2 slow shots and a silly cross bolt safety When can have 7+1 9.4 oz loaded 5inch length- P-32

Cobra Derringer from website: L 4.65'' / 14 oz
Ruger LCP from website: L 5.16'' / 9.6 oz

I can't think of a reason why I'd rather carry two rounds of 32/38 rather than 7 rounds 380.
Where's a thumbs up Smiley?

I have a Cobra in 38 Spcl. Fun range, and plinking toy, but no way would I carry it for SD. Besides the mentioned size, weight, low round count, and poor safety design, the trigger is an absolute horror. The pull is a very unnatural up and back, not a comfortable squeeze back. Pulling the trigger straight back usually results in the gun not firing like there is a safety engaged blocking it.
I also have a LCP, and a P32. Either of which would by far be my choice over any two shot Derringer.

Back