.32 S&W long shotshells

9ballbilly

Finally got a chance to try the shotshells I loaded for my 3 1/2" Colt Pocket Positive with the kits from Sage Outdoors. Grouped tighter than I was expecting at 4'. Now to try them at 6' and 8'. My guess is 6' will be Ok, but 8' is probably pushing it. Should come in handy around the yard and garden.

Attachments

• SAM_0650 (2).JPG
    SAM_0650 (2).JPG
    273 KB · Views: 23
  • SAM_0653.JPG
    SAM_0653.JPG
    604 KB · Views: 24
I'll bet 6 is pushing it and 8' is a no go for snakes. At 8' it will probably just piss it off even more than it already is. You'd be lucky to kit it with just one bb.

if you're going to try for more distance and still be effective, you will need heavier shot. were you able to get any velocities from these?

I wasn't able to measure velocity. The pellets penetrated a layer of cardboard and about twenty sheets of tightly packed printer paper.

I really don't need to shoot them beyond 4', just curious to see how quickly the pattern spreads out.

Interesting.
That pattern is pretty good. I've messed with a lot of shot shells in .44 Mag and .444 Marlin, and most combinations of components result in the dreaded 'donut' pattern.

I have toyed with gas checks in shot shells before, but it never crossed my mind to use the .30 caliber aluminum "Freechex" in my .32s. Maybe I'll try it with some .327 Federal brass. Maybe.

For anyone wanting more bang for your buck, when it comes to wads, you can order from Track of the Wolf, BPI, Dixie Gunworks, and several other companies.

Back