.32 s&w black powder

meatgrinder42

So I was given this H&R American revolver which from what I've been able to tell is from the 1878-1898 manufacture range. I know it takes the .32 SW. However, it is made for black powder loads. Anyone know where I can get my hands on some?

Or reload your own. Cartridges that were originally black powder loading are the easiest of all to reload because you cannot overload them using black powder. Just be sure there is no airspace between the powder and the bullet. I can load mine for less than the cost of .22 today.

I've found that at minimum 0.5 grains of Trailboss & a soft lead round ball are safe in any of my guns, that are safe to shoot... & if my bore & chambers mic out, 0.7 grains & a light lead bullet will work...

BTW... lube your mechanism most of those parts were just lightly surface hardened, & they can be pretty "crunchy"

BTW... I loaded over 500 rounds of 32 S&W this last weekend, 3 different load levels... but my black powder era guns mostly get 0.5 or 0.7 & a soft lead round ball

Back