.32 long

Shin-Tao

What is the highest velocity load in .32 long and where can I get it? I've been looking a while and keep finding comical loads that wander along at 700fps.

Please help. And please don't ask me why I'm looking for this.

Well, you've pretty much found the hottest .32 Long ammo out there.

There's not a lot, on the market, and really nothing that I would consider CCW-type ammo.

If you want spice you are going to have to roll your own. Some of the older loadings cranked well over 1,000 fps from 4" barrel. Use extreme caution when using old loading data. Powder burning rates and pressures have changed over the years. A lot of the guns are not what they used to be.

Sam

Actually, Georgia Arms loads a 100-gr. JHP in the .32 S&W "Long"...same BULLET that's loaded in their .32 H&R Mag loads..."nominal" velocity is 750 fps in .32 S&W "Long", 1100 fps in .32 H&R Mag, per Georgia Arms' catalog...FWIW....mikey357

Depends on what you are shooting it in if you want to go to a hot load. You can take an old iron gun apart pretty fast with super loads.

Jim

Please be careful, Shin-- There's plenty of new .32 Mags to be had, if you want a hot .32. Have you seen Taurus' new Ti .32? Ridiculously light, with a round that approaches std. vel .38 spl power.

Crap. All of this searching for .32 loads has caused me to repeatedly stumble into .32mag balistic charts. I will now have to buy another gun.

No! I refuse! I must avoid redundancy!

I hate this.

No! I refuse! I must avoid redundancy!

Don't think of it as "redundancy", think of it as "having a wide selection of launch platforms".

Imagine if the aliens scorched the planet right after the nuclear missiles flew and the mysterious virus kills a bunch of people.

You run down to the gun shop, barely ahead of the killer zombies, and the only thing on the shelves is a box of .32 H&R Magnum.

Aren't you going to feel a little silly if you don't have anything to shoot it in? ;) ;)

Always remember...

...the unlikely scenarios.

You can justify quite a few odd gun purchases if you do. ;)

Back