.32 H & A Breaktop

Top one is Forehand & Wadsworth .38 and bottom is a US Revolver .32
I think Forehand & Wadsworth were taken over by H & A and US Revolver by Iver Johnson. The 32 has the original finish appears to have been shot very little.

407735021.jpg

U.S. Revolver Co. was not actually "taken over" by Iver Johnson; it was a name used by IJ on guns they made originally to use up old parts after their safety model (with the transfer bar) came out. They later kept the name for a line of revolvers sold through mail order companies, while the Iver Johnson brand was sold only through distributors and dealers. Oddly, the U.S. brand was not significantly lower in cost, which probably reflects the huge markups and profits the mail order companies enjoyed in the period around 1900.

Jim

I love shootin these old breaktops, man! I branched off to these after getting the percussion revolver bug, that and i love things from the 1800's, lol!

yep... I'm a collector & shooter, I load 3 levels of 32 & 38 S&W, & have close to 3 dozen top break revolvers in the 2 cartridges... MRS particularly likes shooting them, as they are quieter & recoil less than most others...

The history of Forehand and Wadsworth is a twisted tale, but in 1902 , Forehand was taken over by Hopkins and Allen after a fire at Hopkins and Allen's destroyed their own equipment.

Back