.32 colt new police

rc

What can you tell me about Police Positive Colt revolvers in this caliber? These are .32 long right? Can they be loaded warmer than .32 long factory ammo? Rechambered to mag? Thanks, rc

5 gr 800X behind 76 gr lead caused flattened primer, but no stuck cases, lots of kick.

9g H110 71 gr bullet stuck in barrel

9.5 gr H110, 71 gr, good kick, no stuck cases, flattened primer.

10 gr H110 behind a 71 gr FMJ caused the cases to stick and the primers flattened.

If you load 4.8 gr of Unique behind a 76 gr lead bullet [ "Lyman's 45th"1970 max load] it can blow the side out of the forcing cone of a Colt Pocket Positive.

If you TIG weld up the forcing cone much stronger, and turn it on a lathe so it will go together again, then 12 gr of Long Shot behind a 85 gr FMJ the top half of the cylinder will dissapear and the strap will hump up 1/4".

ouch, that was not supposed to be Long Shot, it was supposed to be Lil' Gun. The canisters have the same shape:(

You Aren't serious

You actually blew up your gun? I appreciate the reply bu you can't be serious. rc

RC,

I think that's a pretty damned good indication that NO, you can't try to make a Magnum out of your .32 Police Positive.

Yes, the round is the same as the .32 S&W Long, just with a heavier, flat-point bullet, IIRC.

Most of these guns are 50 years old and older, so they likely don't have the inherent strength or heat treating necessary for them to be loaded to magnum levels.

Enjoy your .32 PP, but DON'T try to go hotter than what you find in loading manuals.

Back