32 acp

G1R2

Hi, I'm interested in the experience of those who have cast and loaded the 32 acp. I would like to know the mold used and the powder, primer, and cases and your favorite load.

I recently worked up a load for the Lee 93 grain RN. It's heavy for the 32 acp, and shoots low. I worked up to 1.6g red dot for about 800 fps/135fpe. I used 1.9g red dot with a commercial cast 88g bullet. I shot all those up and have been using 73g berry bullets w/ 2.1g red dot. These shoot to poa. All loads function 100% in my kel tec and walther.

CAUTION: The following post includes loading data beyond or not covered by currently published maximums for this cartridge. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, The Firing Line, nor the staff of TFL assume any liability for any damage or injury resulting from use of this information.

More than 10 years ago I experimented to see how much power I could get out of a Kel-Tec P32.
I welded an extension on the muzzle and welded up the feed ramp. I loaded longer than would feed from the magazine. I used 110 gr bullets.
Factory 32 acp ammo would penetrate ~ 1" of Douglas Fir lumber.
I worked up to 5.2 gr PP, 110 gr 1.175", 5" penetration, sheared off slide stop/ejector .
So the recoil damaged the little gun, and I had to wait for new parts to arrive.

Attachments

• P32 barrel stock and with feed ramp and muzzle extension TIG welded.jpg
    P32 barrel stock and with feed ramp and muzzle extension TIG welded.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCF0037P32Wreckedsmall.jpg
    DSCF0037P32Wreckedsmall.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0036P32ejector.jpg
    DSCF0036P32ejector.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 45
Cark,

Unless the OP is looking for a "single shot hand grenade" I don't see how your posted info helps him.

But, the rest of us think your experiments are interesting.

SL1

At the risk of side tracking the search for a normal load: Clark, what velocity did you get with that stout charge of PP? Sounds as if it was almost in the 30 carbine range.

I;m wondering if the OP is really wanting feedback from experienced reloaders or is just skirting the need to purchase a reloading manual.

I asked for information from those who had experience in casting and reloading 32 acp

It appears that the majority of the replies don't understand English or can't answer a simple question.

This forum appears useless to the serious caster and reloader and therefore I won't waste my time in the future.

1) the cases are hard to find.
2) why bother? I frankly don't shoot more than 1-200 rounds per year through mine.
3) how much accuracy can I get from a .32 cal belly gun with a 2.5" barrel?

These form a negativity in my brain that I cannot overcome, as of yet. The biggest issue is I ALWAYS lose the cases!

griz
At the risk of side tracking the search for a normal load: Clark, what velocity did you get with that stout charge of PP? Sounds as if it was almost in the 30 carbine range.

I don't know if I have shot a 32acp in the 10 years since, but I have shot 3 chronographs since then:(

Today I did measure Polish surplus 22 short through a 47.5" barrel.
There are so many experiments to do.

5) Squire Bingham model 20 for $120, muzzle attached 22 liner, a piece of Mosin Nagant barrel 12-10-2011
47.5" barrel

..a) Polish military surplus 22 short match
789 fps quiet

Attachments

• 22 short vs noise drawing 5-22-2013.jpg
    22 short vs noise drawing 5-22-2013.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 285
CAUTION: The following post includes loading data beyond or not covered by currently published maximums for this cartridge. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, The Firing Line, nor the staff of TFL assume any liability for any damage or injury resulting from use of this information.

I don't cast for .32 ACP yet, but I have had very good luck with Hornady's 90 gr SWC over 1.8 gr of W231. This is actually a fairly mild load, but I put in the disclaimer because it is also a very non-standard load for .32 ACP. I started with load data for .32 S&W, which is a lower pressure round than .32 ACP.

It has fed very well in every pistol I have tried it in, including a Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless, a Walther PP, and a Kel-Tec P32, and it also worked in an Armi Jager AP74 rifle that I used to own. It also is fairly accurate.

2113e81a.jpg

I had no problem with the Lee 93gr. in terms of weight, but the throat on mine wouldn't pass the plunk-test unless is was seated VERY deep, too deep in my book. Milling the top on the mold down to the base lube groove and then opening it up to a PB single groove bullet shortened it to seat properly and also dropped it from 93gr. to 80gr. 1.6gr Red Dot pushes it just fine for plinking, or 2gr. Hodgdon Longshot spices things up a little.

DSCF5760.jpg

Back