.32 ACP in Nagant revolver?

David Roberson

Does anyone know anything about these .32 ACP cylinders that are being sold for the Nagant revolver? I've been toying with the idea of getting a Nagant, and if these cylinders really work and aren't a tremendous pain to install, that would be an added incentive to getting one of these guns.

Save your money, 32 S&W longs and 32 mags work well in the original cylinder. They may bulge a bit depending on the individual gun.

Agree 150% with Ron. With the .32ACP cylinder installed I was only able to fire SA and even then the cylinder would not always rotate.

The latest Midway USA catalog is offering Lee reloading dies for the Nagant as well as .32-20 brass to go with it. Apparently only the resizing die is marked Nagant, the others are labeled .32-20.

The new Nagant dies from Midway can be used to make useable ammo from 32-20 brass. I've figured out a way to reproduce factory ammo (rebated "gas-seal" crimp, deep seated bullet) using these dies and once fired Fiocchi brass. I've tried it and it works. I doubt,however, that brass life will be too great due to the severe working of the case mouth. 32-20 brass should last longer altho' the ammo is somewhat shorter.

Back