32-40 tapered bullet lube application

stubbicatt

Ok now I went and did it.

I've been dip lubing bullets for 45-70 for quite some time, in my home made lube. Easy enough to remove the excess lube with a chamber formed empty brass case sort of like a kake cutter, and thumb seat.

Now I am to breech seat 32-40 bullets which are tapered, with smaller driving bands as one gets closer to the ogive of the bullet. I have no issue applying lube to the bullet, only getting the excess bullet lube off.

I suppose I could apply the lube by hand squishing it into the grooves, but still the issue remains of how to remove the excess. Can't use a push through die in my Star lubrisizer.

I wonder if folks have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

If you pan lube the bullets will punch right out of the cake of solidified lubricant with the grooves full and nothing globbed up on the bands or base.
It takes a bit of practice to learn how long to let the pan cool, but I never used a cake cutter or other tool on my .38-55s.

I have a 32-40 and use the Lyman 321297 mold for my rifles use. Anywho its a G/C bullet that fits the requirements for most 32 special & 32-40s
Your alternative sir. Simply tumble lube your bullets a couple times. Using this product 45-45-10 sold/ at the (link) _I use 45-45-10 myself and it works pretty darn good on those bullets having tumble lube grease groovings and standard grease grooves also.

http://lsstuff.com/store/index.php?..._id=31&zenid=e874fa31797a9858b548cd5e582b7527

Back