308 Chambers

"tactical match" is a marketing tool aimed at those ninja warriors who live by their logo(s).
I've never owned anything that was marked "tactical" anything and wouldn't give such a marking much credence.

Hunting and most military chambers are often made to somewhat loose tolerences to facilitate reliability. Match chambers are cut much closer to the minimum specs. This will usually improve both velocity and accuracy.

Not sure I've ever heard the term "tactical match", but assume this is what they are trying to get at.

I've been shooting the norma TAC-308, allegedly their match ammo for auto loading guns. I'm only shooting it because I picked it up for $0.63 per round (cheaper than empty norma brass!!). I have no problem putting 5 under an inch, but my bolt action 308 has done that with everything I've ever put through it. I will say that the norma TAC-308 is a far, far cry from Black Hills or FGMM. I'd guess it's primarily because of the 155gr bullets that are used, as opposed to the 168 or 175's used in bolt gun match ammo.

Back