.308 BTSP vs Nosler Ballistic Tip

Winston

Any opinions on Federal's

.308 BTSP 165 grn vs.
.308 Nosler Partion 150 grn. on dear sized game?

I'm shooting out a 26 in barrel.

Shots aprox 200 yrds.

Winston, at 200 yards, the deer won't know the difference. Both bullets have good reputations. The added weight of the GameKings, though, won't really be a factor at 200 yards. Get a box of each and see which groups better from your rifle, and then go with that. Not enough difference between the rounds (IMHO) to have a "theoretical" preference.

You'll have a bit less recoil from the 150-grain bullet. Otherwise, Legionnaire's as right as rain in a drouth...

Art

That's right, not at 200 yards.

BTW, the Ballistic Tip isn't the Partition - both Noslers, but that's where the similarity ends.

See what shoot's best, dial it in at about 2" at 100 yards & anything within 265 yards or = just put the crosshairs right where you want to hit. You'll be within a +/- 2" or so

& too, recoil is a feature of stuff not usually encountered when firing at live game. I usually have to remember I even heard the shot, let alone felt the recoil. ;) Art is right though (& L, too)

Don't know if you're shooting a .308 Win or a 30-06. Shouldn't make any difference in the bullet performance, tho.

My experience with factory loaded ammo in this caliber has been the Hornady Lite Magnum 180 gr loads in the 30-06. The pre-war Win. Model 70 has a hard time shooting any of my handloads better than this one factory loading. Makes me want to cry!:(

Back