.308/.32acp cartridge adaptors?

Edward429451

Any body know where I can pick up one of those cartridge adaptors where you put the 32 acp inside the special .308 case, to be chambered and fired in a rifle?

You might contact the dope bag which is a featured section in the NRA's American rifleman magazine and see if they can provide you a source. I remember seeing them advertized years ago but I cant remember the name of the firm selling them.Good luck.

Took a while but I found it.

http://mcace.com

email lilred@sinbad.com

phone 907-248-4913

Guy's name is Ace Dube in Alaska.

Usually has an add in gun list. I bought one from him to put 9mm into my 35 whelen. Works as it should. I would get the stainless if I did it again though. I neglected mine and it rusted quick, my fault though.

Good guy who did what he said he would do.

I think he would have what you are looking for.

This looks too cool. Has anybody used one of these?

I assume you wind up with a single-shot, and have to manually reload the new caliber cartridge into the adapter after each shot, right?

Mine worked as it should.

Dave-yes you have to eject the adapter, pop the spent case out of it, and then reload. However, there are adapters for some 30.06's that stay in the weapon and allow you to fire .308 without messing with the adapter again. Haven't used them though.

I suppose one could buy several and load them into the weapon, they may not feed well though.

It's a nice option to have to put an animal down when you don't need another full bore shot. Also, would let you fire some weapons more if you have to use an indoor range that prevents you from using the standard caliber (it is slow to load though).

Good versatile product to have.

Back