.303 ammo

ks_wayward_son

Has anyone found a respectable price on .303? It would probably be considered a "specialty" ammo (whatever that means), but I was wondering. :confused: Good thing that I bought a reloader not too long ago...now, needing some dies and seats. :p

What do you consider "respectable"? If you have an account with Century International Arms (send them a copy of your C&R to set up an account), they have milsurp 303 for under 50 cents a round.

I think most of the Enfield .303 on the market now is POF. It's well known as a click...bang round. Occasionally you well find some Brit or South African ammo, it's normally top notch stuff. You need to check the head stamp and know what your buying.

The 303 stuff at Century is 50's Radway Green (UK). I have no experience with this ammo, so I don't know if would be a good buy.

It's cheaper to roll your own ... better all round for accuracy and consistency too. I'm getting good accuracy using 38grns of AR2208 and 174gr Sierra Match HPBT's - keep your loads at the low end of the spectrum, neck size your brass ( only FLS when it becomes hard to chamber ) - keep brass separated for use in only one rifle chamber, once fire formed for that chamber, and you should see plenty of life from your brass.

Best, Tiki.

Yep, just got done tumbling 112 peices of once-fired R-P .303 brass. Added to my 200 pieces of new R-P and another hundred or so boxer-primed HXP surplus brass, I'm set for the next good many years. I keep my loads fairly mild.

Got tired of paying premium prices for one-time use boxer ammo......

Back