300 Yard Headshot with a BOOM!

I watched it just because of emcon5's comment.

He's right, you know. :D

If you watch a video and people in the other room yell "What the @#$% are you watching?" you're going to miss a bunch of subscribers that don't want to police the volume while watching your videos.

Just a thought. Nice shot.

Aww, come on guys, he only wants to entertain us and get traffic to his website, we should be more supportive of him, I think...

But, I'm not watching it a second time either.

Typical mythbusters. 1-200 yards or so away, and not even a set of safety goggles with a load of dynamite in a confined container. Doofuses.

^^ actually briandg, they were behind a 1/2" lexan shield. Much better than goggles. And they were closer to 1/4 mile away.

Im new to this particular forum. There are a few other forums Ive been on for a while and just thought Id try this one out and maybe share some of my shooting and/or hunting videos with you guys. However, my initial impression isn't what I hoped or expected it to be. lol. Oh well, I gave it a shot, but it doesn't seem to be a good fit for me or what Im doing I guess.

thaHooligan said:
my initial impression isn't what I hoped or expected it to be.

I'm not sure what you expected. Your vid was, in essence, a single 300 yard shot on, what, a 6" target? I think we're all glad to see you're out shooting, but the rest of the vid was hype and fluff, which is not only too common on youtube shooting vids, but something everyone here sees past quite quickly.

I'm sure if you upped your marksmanship bar a bit and made a vid of consecutive 300 yard head shots from field positions, or even better, standing unsupported, you'd get quite a lot of positive feedback. ;)

I don't think that tannerite is a high interest subject for the most part with the vast majority of the people here If the administration has no objections I guess you're free to post your stories, and anyone who is interested can read the post.

Expect a lot of the people here who take their shooting very seriously to not take exploding heads too seriously.

Yea I didn't realize everyone on this forum took things so seriously. Shooting 10 shots into a single hole at 1000 yards isn't really my thing. I don't shoot competitions, nor do I want to, but I shoot well enough to be successful hunting every year and I have fun blowing things up occasionally and recording it. To each his own.

OP, you will find that many members here are a little more reserved and (for lack of better term) "old school." I don't do the youtube video thing much and tend to think that themes, graphical effects, and soundtracks are "gimmicky."

That being said, you appear to be a competent shooter and to each their own with style preferences. So long as you're a good guy who enjoys firearms I encourage you to not give up on TFL too fast. Some of us may could benefit from an influence to make us a little less "fuddy duddy."

And, BTW, at least our taste in music may overlap some. Can't say I'm a Big B fan, though...

Back