300 x 2

9x19

So, today I get up and toddle (some would say waddle.. to be mean) off to Machine Shop class. I finished early, so I head over to a local pawn shop to kill some time. In the rifle rack, amongst the glitz and glamour of modern production is a poor li'l M1 Carbine. I look it over and here is an Inland Div. carbine with Inland (date 1944) barrel. The parkerized finish is solid, the bore is crisp and the safety is the push button style (as a 10/22 fan I fell in love with that). The stock finish was well worn but had no gouges or heavy dents and the only real character trait was the number "122" painted on the bottom of the pistol grip. There is no import markings and the price tag read $375...

So, after lunch I head off to my Welding class, and finish early... On the way home I stop off at a different pawn shop and find a handgun case freshly filled with a variety of pistols and a couple of S&W revolvers. One is a S&W 67 with two piece blue box, paperwork, and tools. It has timing problems on two chambers {sigh} but sure is pretty. No price tag on it yet... The other is a model 29-6 with 6" barrel, target hammer and trigger, plus red ramp front and white outline rear sights. Timing is excellent, as is the fit and finish. The price on it was $359.95

So, after dropping $300 even at each shop, my toy account is 'bout flat, but... I now own another USGI M1 Carbine and a 6" S&W 29... what a fun (some would ay expensive...to be mean) day! :D

You like what you got and were willing to pay the asking price. Enjoy and don't worry about those who would disagree (to be mean).

Back