3 way drill powered trimmers?

dyl

I found out that the World's Finest Trimmer was not a 3 way trimmer, and was a little disappointed.

But I also found out that the Giraud Tri Way trimmer was only $110 or so.

Here I thought it would be several hundred, as people seem to really like them but lament the cost. A World's Finest Trimmer is $75 for either a single caliber, or minimum of $100 for the version with swappable inserts.

110 is not that different from 75 for a stand-alone unit.

There is also the WCT - World's Cheapest Trimmer at 20-ish dollars, but I've heard mixed reviews and I don't believe it runs off of a standard end-mill as the cutter.

Are there any cheaper 3 way trimmers out there or did I get the right overview of the drill-powered case trimmers?

My trimmer is a Lee, with the cutter chucked in my drill press. Don't remember what the Lee cost years ago but seems around $12. That's pretty cheap.

I actually have the Lee cutter and lock stud pairing for 300 Blackout and 458 Socom, chucked into my cordless DeWalt. The set for 300 blackout wobbles as it spins, while my pairing for the 458 Socom does not. The caseholder for the set that wobbles had been sent back once, as it used to wobble even more. The case works itself free, and it started me looking elsewhere.

PWC, so the cutter and depth gauge/pin is chucked into your drill press. What do you set the case holder into?

I have both the WFT and a Giruard 3 way trimmers. The Giruard is for the 223 family but I use it for 223 only as it's a PITA to adjust for all different calibers in the family. I use the WFT on 22/250, 204 and 6x45. I may get a Giruard for the one of the calibers as it depends on how much I end up shooting them. I have 1 of each of the ones listed and 2 223's. I did have 4 223's but 2 of those ended up in 6x45 and 20 Practical.

I also use Lee trimmers on those low volume situations since they are so inexpensive. I use the shell holder in a cordless drill and the cutter with ball handle. It's pretty quick, easy to use and accurate but hard on the hands for high volume use, hence the WFT and Giruard. Doing 3 tasks while handling the brass only one time is great, wish I had spent the $$ on Giruards but hind site is always 20/20. LOL

Dyl - 3/4" scrap oak with hole drilled for case holder stud. Cut a slot to the edge of the board. Put the stud in the hole and use a 2" wood screw thru the side of the board to close the slot on the stud and hold it tight.

Put a case on the holder, lower the mandril and cutter to enter the primer hole and clamp the board to the press table in 2 places to ensure no movement. Hope this helps.

I'm actually looking into the Trim-it II by Black Widow Shooter Supply. It trims, chamfers and deburs. A bit more expensive than the other 2 but I think it would be nicer in the end.

I have the Trim-It II and like it a lot. Setting up the chamfer/deburr is a bit of a pain but worth it in the end. I only use it for 223 as that is the biggest volume I reload in rifle. I have it in a table top drill press, works like a charm.

I use a Frankford Arsenal Case Prep and Trim unit for my lower volume 22-250, 6.5CM and 308 cases.

I have had all 3. As noted the so called WFT does not deburr. Ok but for bulk processing (50 rounds and more) I did not care for it. Quality wise just fine.

Gerrard Tri is the best of them and works great. I chuck mine up in a corded drill and I can run as good as the Gerard Motorized setup. Downside is the cost, if you wind up with 4 calibers shot in quantity, then you could get the motorized setup with the inserts. Adjustments on the Tri T are only two and easy. Comes pre set though I trim shorter so I do adjust.

Trim it II: It works fine, adjustments are like 5 and each one has its own hex key. The only reason I have one is it did come in 7.5 Swiss and the Tri T did not. Once set its fine. Setting it is a pain in the butt. Only reason I would buy it is a non Tri T covered caliber.

Back