3 S&Ws

Drm50

Last week I got into a flurry of deals. Picked up a pair of M36s, a snubby and 3” model. I finally decided I needed a gut buster. I don’t normally carry but when I do it has been a Commander 45. Everything else I own are 3lb guns, most 6” or better to open. The 3” I put a set of J Target grips on to see how good I can shoot, but the snubby will be the carry piece.
The other S&W I picked up on a trade is a M63-5. It’s stainless 8 shot J frame. It is much easier to shoot accurately than the 317 that I traded off. It has fiber optic front on 3.5” barrel. It has S&W factory rubber grips which suck. If I keep it proper woods will go on it.

Good choices, Drm...My usual carry piece is a 3" M60, but loaded with .38 Spl +P loads, Speer or my own handloads. I really like that 3" bbl. and find it no harder to conceal than the 1-7/8", while offering a bit more accuracy...wife likes her 3" M36 as well, as it has adj. sights for a good zero.

I also have a M63 and the only thing I dislike about it is that fiber optic front sight.

With mine, the gun requires almost max elevation in the rear sight El screw to get impact points at the tip top of the front sight at 15 yds. If I was a "combat' sight picture guy, satisfied with 4" gps at 10 yds, I'd be ok with the fiber sight. But who ever thinks of a .22 LR in that regard.

I use mine as a relatively cheap understudy for my M60...but it has the accuracy for considerable precision...~1" at 10 yd groups when shot SA...plenty good enough for plinking, I'd opine.

Hope yours works out as well for you. Best regards Rod...here's my pair...with the home made rigs I wear with them. Monogrips on the M60 and an old pair of S&W combats on the .22. 2nd pic is my wife's M36 with a pair of Pachmyrs on it...I've been told it's a bit of a rare gun, but she's had it since ~1992.

How 'bout some pics of yours?

Last edited:
Back