3 Killed as Man goes on Rampage, again...

Destructo6

Yep, it happened again. Some bozo went nuts and killed 3 people and injured 12 others on Wednesday, September 29, 1999.

Wonder why you didn't hear about it? Probably because it happened in Japan and the man used a knife, an assault knife presumably.

Here's the whole deal, if you care:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> A Japanese man killed three people and seriously injured 12 others Wednesday when he went on a stabbing spree at a train station in southern Japan-the second such incident this month.

A 35-year-old man raced a rented car into the concourse area of the station in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi prefecture, hitting several people before coming to a stop.

The man, whose name was withheld, jumped out of the car wielding a knife and, laughing and screaming wildly, dashed to the second-floor train platform and slashed people passing through the station before police overpowered and arrested him[/quote]

it seems that japan apparently has a real "assault knife" problem lately dont they have fairly strict weapons laws?

For the last 6 months I have been following the crime rate of both Japan and England, just to see how they compare to the US. From what I have gathered, this is unusual for Japan, and like Destructo6 says, "Some Bozo went nuts". Generally the most often used method of dispatch is poison in Japan, and bombs in England. Both countries have a lot of mass killings, or attempted mass killings, but since the reporting of them does't sell papers here in the US, we don't hear much about it. Gunshots sell papers, knives and poison don't.

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net

well unless they can blame on some cult or "international tereriost" or other wise to try and give goverment more power and controle over our lives

------------------
oneshotonekill

This is particularly sad because in Japan, knives are common peoples implements as they are here.
Guns are restricted to the military, police and Yakuza, and the Yakuza fight amongst themselves mainly.
Interesting and sad that the Japanese are trying to disarm Americans.

Hal said "Gunshots sell papers, knives and poison don't." Is this correct Hal? Or is it that by not pushing the stories of knives and poison they don't try and sell the papers? For example if someone uses a gun they will report on why they went nuts, will show every emotional item in the story they can in an effort to sell the story to the people. To keep them interested. If someone uses a knife, they only brush over the story giving the facts. So is it because the story does not sell papers or is it that the story does not fit their political agenda? From what I have seen over my life time it is the latter.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Back