3 inch LCRX holster choices

HighValleyRanch

The usual consensus is that finding holsters for the 3" LCRX is difficult. The reason is the larger top rib for the adjustable sight and the extra polymer barrel under lug.

Here are a couple that I haven't seen anyone mention before on the internet.
Some these are from my model 19 2" Smith days.

The first one is my copy of a Roy Baker Pancake holster from the 1970. I copied the original exactly to size, but added the floral carving, but the shape and configuration of how the revolver fits is identical to the original. The exposed trigger is typical of the day, and the thumb break prevent accidental discharge from snags, whatever.

I like the fit and the carry is close and comfortable for everyday around the property OWB.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LCRX in Pancake.jpg
    LCRX in Pancake.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 164
The second one is also unusual.
I had a Fobus that was intended for a Smith 4" L frame, and previously had chopped it down for the 2.5 inch barrel, leaving it a little longer.

I padded the insides with the soft part of velcro to take up the cylinder space and used a rubber washer to spread the portion that the sight rib fits into, and now it is the perfect fit.

But what I don't like is that the matt finish on the Ruger aluminum frame shows rub marks easily, so using this holster extensively is going to mark up the frame some. So this holster will see very limited use, and I am going to design a similar holster in leather using the paddle portion of a Blackhawk holster.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LCRX in Fobus.jpg
    LCRX in Fobus.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 133
Oops, thought you were looking for holster options.

Nice work on both of those holsters.

Last edited:
Actually, I thought that others that had choices for the LCRX could post their selections also.
I found that it fits a Bianchi slide thumb break "Black Widow" holster perfectly, sticking out the other end slightly, and fits AIWB into a High Noon "Mr. Softy" holster perfectly.

I don't have an LCRx, but I carry my LCR in a Michael Kole custom holster.

LCR

He makes one for the LCRx as well, and I have models for my Shield, P32, BHP and a few others.

Simply rugged made mine (I was the first one they made for the LCRx 3 inch). I love it and use it all the time.

Back