3-D Printed Firearm Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the gun in the pic has the trigger broken off already. I'll keep my current weapon 'til steel printers are readily available.

Couldn't they at least have made it in black or grey?

I was watching a video about the latest 3D gun this morning.
http://youtu.be/SHh3fRBWlrM

I do think these guns will be something in the future seems like they need more development and harder plastics. Many people see 3D printing as a big thing in the future and a lot of companies and putting millions into development, soon the average home will can and might have a 3D printer.

Would be crazy if anyone could just print a gun out, how could anyone control it?
Possibly the software engineers could block gun files but new files would be out next week.

The only people that would not have access to guns is law abiding citizens in controlled and repressed countries.

We know that this will get legislative attention, and I think it's a subject worthy of thoughtful discussion. Maybe the mods will want to move this to that section...

We all know that "homemade" firearms have always been legal, it's just that now (apparently) you don't need gunsmithing skills, you just need the dough to buy a capable 3D printer and know how to use it.

I don't see, from a legal perspective, how "ease" of making or obtaining one would be relevant. But, I am curious about "plastic" guns- I mean, the high-temp plastics have probably been around for awhile, it's just the means to turn it into a firearm.

Can anyone with knowledge comment on the history of the "plastic" gun? Have they not been "possible" for some time now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back