2nd shell

meathead

Inactive
I have a Murka built A5 Old style 12ga 3"magnum. I've had it 15 years. I was using Remington 3" 1&3/8 oz of #2's @ 1550 during duck season. I switched to Browning BB'S 1&1/4 0Z 1550 for goose season. I went down in the mud and muck with it after shell switch over. Took it home for a deep cleaning. Stock off, springs out leaf and coil. Barrel removed, frictionwashers removed, cleaned, both metal and brass. Cleaned all, places needing lubricant recieved synthetic light oil. All parts functioned well, and smooth. I've said all of that, to ask my question. First time out after above the second shell would not load. Shell lock was not in use! I can hand eject the second shell, third shell will load and fire. Anyone have any advice on what I should address next I would appreciate your thoughts! The only thing I have found is that the plug was sliding up into the forearm spring. I rectified this as well as cleaned the tube and spring. One thing I forgot to mention. After initial first shot, I have pulled trigger and have had a cocked position since I hear the firing pin working.

Last edited:
If it was working before and now isn't, I'd suspect you made a mistake on your reassy, somethong got turned around

Back