2nd best 9MM after Sig P210

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenT

Hi all:
With SIG P-210s going for $1,300 or more, I was wondering which full-size 9MM might qualify as the second best choice as far as accuracy. The weapon would be used at the range, so concealed carry is not an issue. I've heard good things about the CZ-75B, with its pricetag in the low $300s and a 4.9 inch barrel. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appriciated.

For shear accuracy, I would look at the Sig 226, Beretta 92 Brig, Glock 17L. Those are all gonna be in the $500.00+ range. Seems like you want something a little cheaper if you were looking at a $300.00 CZ. Look at a NEW Ruger P-95 (269.00) or a used Glock 17, Beretta 92 FS, Beretta Cougar 8000, or the Smith and Wesson 5906. You should be able to keep all of those under $400.00.

You made a giant leap in price, quality, and accuracy when you went from the Sig 210 to the CZ though... not that CZ builds bad guns.

Ben

Have you tried an HK P7? M8 is my favorite. Soft shooter due the gas retarded recoil buffer, extremely accurate due to the fixed barrell. With all of the Police trades available, they are now a bargain.

Try one, you'll like it.

Regards, Dom

Good question! There really isn't a lot of middle ground here, the P210 is the only 9mm TARGET pistol that I know of. All others seem to be service pistols.

I do know that the CZ 75 is often used as a target gun, that's why I bought mine. I really like it, very accurate and not too bad of a trigger. Nothing else comes close in this price range. In fact, I consider the CZ 75 to be a $500 gun - just not in price. :) The only problem is the apparent lack of local gunsmiths that will work on this pistol. You want trigger work and accuratizing for a 1911 or Hipower? No problem. Maybe CZ-USA will offer this type of gunsmithing. If you want to use it for target shooting, consider the CZ 85 (adjustable target sights).

HTH, and I await other answers!

The CZ 85 (I have an older one, when Ceska zbrojovka Uheresky Brod were still the Bad Guys behind the Iron Curtain) - with the 'Kadet' conversion slide (to 22 LR) it gets a lot of use in training/instruction. After the SIG's my choice for #2

Peter

(and yes, I did have to look 'Ceska...' up in the manual :) )

The best is the P210-1, so second would be a 210-5, then a 210-6. Sorry, I couln't resist. In that type of pistol the next best is a Browning GP-Comp. They only made 1000 of them and mine is not for sale, but if you keep your eyes open you will find one. NIB actuall a case they run about $600, I have seen used ones for $450 no box. If you get a used one be careful that the lugs are not battered. There is a piece of spring steel in the top of the slide pressing on the barrel to help it lock up, it needs to me removed. I just had a Peter Stahl hexagonal barrel with a ball bearing lock up installed on mine, it is SWEET. This pistol also has the sear pivot moved back about a quarter inch in the pistol so an action job can yeild a 2.5-3 lb pull IF the smith knows what he is doing.

Hello all. I own Browning HPs, CZ 75s, and one P210. (I foolishly let a different one get away from me years ago.) Without question, the P210 is the most accurate, but my favorite remains the current MkIII HP. The CZs are very accurate as well, but not in the P210 class. Bar-Sto and others make match grade bbls that need to be fitted to the particular pistol and that may be the only route to go for superb accuracy. I agree that the SIG-Sauers are extremely accurate out of the box, but I bet that for less money than one might think, you could get yourself an "accurized" CZ or HP and have an all steel gun that "shoots." Frankly, I find that the factory HPs as currently made have all the intrinsic accuracy I require, but that's subjective and my eyes are not what they once were. Anyway, just a thought.
Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back