28 gauge 11-87 barells?

mattL46

Hi folks, I have a couple of (almost) mint Remington barrels in 28 gauge. (Along with some other Hi-standard 28 gauge barrels) I was curious if there was any demand for them on the used market, and what i might reasonably ask for them? I've searched high and low online and can't find one to compare to. My grandfather was a tool and die maker by trade and gunsmith by hobby. He was working on a personal project with them, is why I have them. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thank you!!

Last edited:
If they're for an 11-87, they're aftermarket. The 11-87 didn't come in 28 Ga. Grandpa make 'em? You tried to install one on an 11-87?
If grandpa made 'em they really have no commercial value. No proofing.
Rummage around on the assorted auction sites for an idea of what a Hi-Standard barrel is worth

If they're for an 11-87, they're aftermarket. The 11-87 didn't come in 28 Ga. Grandpa make 'em? You tried to install one on an 11-87?
If grandpa made 'em they really have no commercial value. No proofing.
Rummage around on the assorted auction sites for an idea of what a Hi-Standard barrel is worth
No, they're Remington barells, just evidently not for an 11-87, what else might they be for? They aren't an 870, unless the design has changed since then. Photo maybe?

Just guessing, but could they be for a Remington 1100? Decades ago, I had a friend who shot skeet with a Remington 1100, chambered for 28 gauge. He swore by that shotgun.

Just guessing, but could they be for a Remington 1100? Decades ago, I had a friend who shot skeet with a Remington 1100, chambered for 28 gauge. He swore by that shotgun.
Very well could be, I assumed they were 11-87 because I found a 12 gauge 11-87 barell on E-bay and swore it looked identical. Maybe I wasn't looking at the right one?

I think you nailed it, just looked some up. Identical. I could have sworn the 11-87 was very similar too. Huh. Oh well. I'll do some more research.

I'm now almost certain these are 1100 bbls. My question now would be, what might I ask for them. The closest match on E-bay is a plain (no vent rib) Imp-cyl and the dude is asking $300, which I think is too much. I'm not at all looking to get rich, but would like to make a bit of folding money, and ultimately put them in the hands of someone who could use them. These are plain, modified choke barells, in excellent condition. I have 2 of them.

Back