2707 Yard 1.54mi shot!

Grizzdude

Whats up Guys, I wanted to share this little video I made shooting the Savage 110BA 338 Lapua at a distance of 2707 yards. I was using 300gr Berger bullets traveling at 2740 FPS. This shot required about 35 mils of hold over, with the nightforce NXS I was able to dial 27.5 mils, back the magnification off to 13X and use the bottom of the 5 mil reticle. With a flight time of just over 5 seconds it comes in pounding with 740ft-lbs of energy at 1.54mi away. Let me know if you enjoyed the video, thanks!

2707 yard shot! 1.54mi

The reason for backing off to 13x was to get the elevation needed in the scope. Since it's a SFP scope the mils in the reticle only hold true at 22x (max power) so I can then back off the magnification so each mil in the reticle will equal more than 1 mil. Then I just kept backing off until the bullets elevation was going were I was pointing. hope that wasn't too confusing lol

Yeah, it makes sense. I never shot anything past 1000 yards but I was told several times that once you spot targets that far, like a mile or more, actually less magnification is better...like 10-16X.

I know a lot of long range shooters like to stay in that 16X range, but i do like to be around 20X to help me spot the bullet splashes.

Back