$25 to the first person that can find me a Kimber Custom CDP II!

None of those, I want the new full size version. I believe its just called the Kimber Custom CDP:)

Josh

Pay Me. I just got my CDPII from B&B sales on Oxnard street in the Van Nuys area (not sure of city) and it was $1020. If they dont have a full size for you, you can order it, as their a Kimber master dealer.

Ironballs, do you have the full-size or the Pro? I have found many a Pro but no Custom. I have talked to about 12 different "master" dealers and no one has one in and don't know when they will be getting one! So not so fast my friend:)

Is this the gun you're interested in ?

donkey_21_979851437_980303-012.jpg

Here is the listing on GunBroker.com

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?item=985763

Listed at $899 but it's in Louisianna.
Sorry I don't know the silly CA rules.

HTH,
-Mike

Ace Sporting goods in Washington PA has one.I just drooled over it last night.I bought a Wilson KZ instead.Ace's number is 412-222-5470.Price is 979.00.I dont know what the silly Ca rules are.

If you're looking for a good deal on Kimbers, Rich and Dawn Meek usually have some great deals. They're Master Dealers and they're located in Ohio.

I purchased an Ultra Carry from them, and it arrived at my FFL promptly. Send them an email or call for a price. On the weekends, they work the shows, but during the week they answer their email promptly. They're listed on the Bowers' board as recommended dealers.

Meek's Shooter's Supply - Dawn and Rich Meek - Class 2
4722 Mahoning Ave
P.O. Box 4236
Youngstown, Ohio 44515
Phone: (330) 507 9309
E-mail: mssi@earthlink.net

straightShot

Looks legal in CA to me

OK, according to the California DOJ-Certified Handgun Models web site:

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/certlist.htm

Kimber Custom CDP II / Blue Steel, Alloy Pistol 5" .45 ACP is listed.

So I don't know why you can't contact and buy this pistol from any of the sources listed above. You send your money to them [in LA, OH, PA etc.] along with a copy of the CA FFL you are doing business with. Many FFL's will do the transfer paperwork for a fee ($20-$50). They will send your new pistol and a copy of their FFL to your CA dealer. After the pistol arrives, you go to your dealer, complete the paper work, wait 10 days [sheesh] and pick it up.

Do I get the $25 :D

-Mike

Hey Mike, thanks for the pic, that's the one! Except I emailed him a few days ago and that gun is not the series II he says. I don't see how it can't be though! Kimber just came out with the full size this year and all of their new guns are the series II. I also don't see how he could have gotten it not being in CA, as Kimber said they would only ship the first batch to CA. Why don't you email him and see what he says? If it is I will send you the money!:) As far as the rest of the CDP series II, I have been able to find them here in CA. But I really want the full-size!:)

Well.....

I really wasn't interested in doing all the leg work, even for $25 :) However, I did check Kimber's website
and they had nothing on the new 2001 models :( Coincidently I picked up a new Kimber 2001
catalog last night. I haven't had time to look at though, so I didn't know anything about their new line.

I just think the Internet is a great place to buy and sell anything.

I'm not going to e-mail donkey_21 about his ad but if that one isn't to your liking (the picture is from his ad),
I found these on GunsAmerica in about 5 minutes.

New Kimber CDP Full Size Govt Model. New for 2001, $915 Plus GunsAmerica Fee and Shipping and Handling. Shipped to FFL. All laws and regulations apply. Please call 770-962-6433, M-S, 10AM-7PM, EST. Don't e-mail me I don't respond to my e-mails. Seller: DIXIE FIREARMS Area Code: 770 FFL Dealer: Yes $915

New for 2001 the Custom CDP in .45 ACP has a full sized forged aluminum frame with night sights and 5" barrel. Weight is just 31 OZ. Lots of Custom Shop options with slide serrations front and rear and a match grade stainless barrel and bushing. New in box. We are a Kimber Master Dealer. E-mail for prices on other models and freight estimates. Seller: JIM'S FIREARMS & SHOOTER'S SUP Area Code: 409 FFL Dealer: Yes $935 Contact Picture

Kimber's, New for 2001, Custom CDP Full Size 45ACP, 5" bbl, first Kimber full size 1911 with light weight frame. Tritium Night sights, ambidextrous safety, checkered front and back strap, premium aluminum trigger, Rosewood Grips, meltdown treatment-all corners rounded, plus many more Custom Shop features. NEW IN THE BOX. S&H=+$20.00. Ship to FFL ONLY. Seller: PERKIOMEN GUNWORKS Area Code: 215 FFL Dealer: Yes $998 Contact Picture

It looks to me like they are out there. You just need to make a few calls. Good luck and enjoy your new pistol. It looks like a great gun. Too bad CA is such a messed up state, even worse than New York, and I know that becuase I live in New York.

-Mike

Mike, I have checked every website I know of for the Series II CDP. Gunsamerica, auctionarms and gunbroker to name a few. I saw maybe 4-5 Custom CDP, and I emailed every seller. None were the CA legal series II. I just got off the phone with Kimber, and they said they did sell some of the Custom CDP's in the series I. They also said the Series II Custom is on a 90-day backorder, but they did send some to CA. I have called about 35 different master dealers in CA, with no luck:( I was just hoping someone here in CA and seen one at their local shop, but it's not looking too good. Thanks for the help though!

What's the difference between the Series I and the Series II ? Is Series II CA only ? It looked to me like the CDP 5" were the new Series II guns. But, like I wrote, I'm not really up on the Kimber line. Can FFL dealers in other states send guns to CA ? I didn't think CA was like Maryland, where you need the shell casing etc.

Anyway, I'm sure you have this resource, CA Kimber Master dealers. Looks like you can make some more calls :)

Good luck.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
-Mike

Mike, the Series II is brand new for 2001. They are the only guns that Kimber tested to have put on the CA "list" to be legal for sale. FFL dealers can only ship guns to CA that are on the list. http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/certlist.htm

I printed out the master dealer list, its about 9 pages long!:) I'm just trying to keep my companys phone bill from being too high!

Hey, that's the CA web site I posted above :) The 23 Kimber guns that are listed all have a II prefix.

So I'll ask again, Is there a special significance to the II, or does it just mean this is the 2001 model that has been submitted, tested and approved ?

I can't imagine that the CA II series guns are any different than the current Kimber models being shipped to other states. Is there a II on the box or what ?

Does this make sense ? I know, CA law seldom makes sense, but obviously you've got me interested :D

-Mike

BTW, there are 329 models on the CA list.

the new kimbers for 2001 will all have II marked on them identifying the new firing pin safety ,they say it does not increase or alter trigger pull,instead,depressing grip safety overrides the block,and the new custom cdp is full size and is the first full size with an aluminum frame barrel 5 in. wt. 31 0z length 8.7 mag cap 7 i am wanting to see the new stainless pro carry has anyone seen it yet?

But are they still making the "non" II models ?
Meaning, Are all the 2001 models, model IIs ?
Or are they still making both ?

In my previous post, the three guns are all specifically listed as 2001 models.
Wouldn't that mean they are series II ?

Just curious.

Kimber says that "the new safety system will be phased in on all Kimber Classic this year." So they probably are making some 2001 in the Series I, but eventually they will all be Series II.

Oh. OK, thanks. That wasn't clear anywhere. Why would they make a brand new model and not incorporate a planned change ?
That really doesn't make sense to me. I'll check out the catalog when I get home.

Looks like you'll need to keep on the phone. Hopefully someone will have one.

Take care.
-Mike

Back