.25 cal cases bulging

noww90

Inactive
I have a small semi that is a .25 cal. Made is Spain. The cases bulge when fired. In my travels to correct this, I was told that what I have is a .25 ACP and that the case length may be to long and that I should use ,25 ACP. I have a box of ammo that says .25 cal. Not .25 auto or 25 acp. I have tried to google and look in books for the case length of all three. .25 cal. .25 auto and .25 ACP. My question is before I purchase ammo that I may not be able to use is

1) Are there all three calibers?
2) What are the case lengths of each?
3) Am I on the right track?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ken
scherfken@yahoo.com

First question, what, if any, is the caliber marking on the gun???

The .25 Auto and the .25ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) are US names. In Europe the round is called the 6.35mm.

Bulged cases can be normal, if the gun is made with a relieved chamber (to promote reliable feeding). Glock did this, other have from time to time.

Remember that as far as gun makers are concerned, each case only has to work ONCE...

orig.gif

Hi. .25 Auto and .25 ACP are the same thing. .25 Cal is not the name of a cartridge. Although in this instance, the Spanish may be calling the ACP that.
The bulging is the result of an unsupported case. That means the case isn't completely contained by the chamber(44 AMP's 'relieved chamber'.). Has nothing to do with the case length. Which is .615".
It's not something to worry about either. If you're reloading, the sizer die will fix it with no fuss.

You sure its not a 32acp caliber gun? How about a picture or two of the gun and its fired cases? .25 cal, .25 auto or 25 acp is all the same round.

Back