.243 Win w/Speer 70 TNT bullets

Wallyl

I am working on developing a good load in the .243 Win using Speer 70 TNT bullets and SW Match powder.... My starting load was 39.0 Grains/CCI-200 primer. I got 3,023 Avg velocity with my Savage Axis 22" barrel rifle. My reloading manuals show I should get about 3,400~3,500 FPS at a max safe load. Was wondering if anyone has loaded this bullet and can share their statistics. I do realize all rifles are different and one has to slowly work up loadings.

I am working on developing a good load in the .243 Win using Speer 70 TNT bullets and SW Match powder.... My starting load was 39.0 Grains/CCI-200 primer. I got 3,023 Avg velocity with my Savage Axis 22" barrel rifle. My reloading manuals show I should get about 3,400~3,500 FPS at a max safe load. Was wondering if anyone has loaded this bullet and can share their statistics. I do realize all rifles are different and one has to slowly work up loadings.
With the right powder, you can push a 70 3700+.

Thank you...I got a good deal on 8 lbs of SW Match and it works well with my other calibers. I will do some laddering to see if I can (safely) obtain a 10% faster MV.

Back