240G inbound

Lucky 7

Just a shot of a Marine (me) and a 240Golf. Thought everyone might enjoy to see it and appriecate what the boys in digitals have to lug around.
Any questions for me about it, fire away!

Semper Fi!
-L7

BTW, yes it's that big and I'm that small (5'8" and 160 lbs.) :D

Attachments

• 202680121_l.jpg
    202680121_l.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Depending on the weapon's condition you cock it.
If you fire until the belt is out, the bolt will slam forward on an empty chamber. Crack open the feed tray cover, clear the feed tray, lay fresh rounds down on tray, slam cover down. Brace against shoulder and rack the cocking lever to the rear then ride it forward, engage safety.
That's it. Its much easier to do than it sounds.

Semper Fi
-L7

Im an 0311 (PMOS) but my security forces job (SMOS 8152) has me working with 240 Golfs and Naval Masters at Arms. Hopefully I'll be going to CQB spinup in December but we'll see...

Semper Fi!
-L7

Thats how we feel about the 249 SAW. The thing sucks!

From what I've read of the 249, I don't doubt it. One report I read said some operators were actually using zip ties to keep the weapon together. The civilian 249 owners I know seem to be quite pleased, but I'm sure they treat their babies a bit more gingerly than most military users (but at about $47,000 for a pre-sample, I would too).

On the M60 - flimsy...simply flimsy. I almost bought one last year, but decided the MG42/MG3 was a far superior weapon even at 50% greater cost. How many upgrades have been put out for the pig? Too much force focused on the trunion (especially when using one of the older versions with the bipod near the end of the barrel). And the sheet metal receiver takes too much of a beating (how many other GPMGs have a receiver stretch gauge?) Nice shooters when they work, but much like the HK21, far too short a service life.

Back