22lr through octane 45

rjv140

Can this be done? I have an octane 45 on order for my fnx-t. Can I also use it on my p22 so long I ensure it is clean and no lead build up?

Yep. It prob wont sound as good as a dedicated 22lr can and its certainly bigger and heavier. But its safe to shoot.

If you dont have a rotary tumbler and stainless steel pins....get one. I drop my Octane baffles and pistons in...let it run 45 min or so. DONE!!!:D

Is the p22 threaded 1/2x28?

Is your FNX-t in 45acp? Cause if it is i would doubt the threading on that barrel will be the same as on your 22lr gun. That means you will need a different piston to use the octane on the 22

A lot of 9mm barrels are threaded 1/2x28. The same as most 22lr barrels so it should work with a easy to get piston.

Im still trying to figure out if the gun will function with that big ol can hanging off the end of a 22. It might turn it into a single shot. I dont know.

Ive got a 1911 in 22lr and a 1/2x28 piston...i might have to put that together and see what happens. Here i thought i had put all the combos to the test :rolleyes:

Stuck the Octane on my 1911 in 22lr. Functioned just fine. Used the 1/2x28 piston

It was not as quiet as my 22 can and had a significant first round pop. But it would do in a pinch

Back