22lr/22wmr suppressor.

MrDontPlay

I was wondering if there is a suppressor that would work good on my 10/22, sig mosquito, and savage 22wmr. I don't really hear of to many people suppressing 22mags.

Not my specialty, but I figure the reason you don't hear of suppressing .22 WRM is because it is inherently supersonic and will have a shockwave crack even with the muzzle blast muffled.

In addition to the above, I believe the Silencerco Sparrow S/S and Liberty Essence also handle .22Mag and .17HMR. The YHM Mite in S/S may as well.
I have an SWR Spectre, but don't even own a .22Mag....yet. :D

The Spectre is rated up to the 5.7mm. It will handle .22lr full auto.

It will shoot the .22mag just fine.

Folks always go back to the "but what about the super sonic crack." You can't get rid of the sonic crack but you sure can remove the muzzle noise.

One suppressor can do for both .22 LR and .22 WMR, but it has to be spec'd for the latter.

An old time suppressor expert once told me that it was not really necessary for the can to suppress all sound, that it was enough if the noise didn't sound like a gun.

Jim

The ss mite will handle 22mag aas well as 5.7. The mite is an affordable option but, has the worst first round pop of all the suppressors I've owned/shot. I like the ss sparrow for ease of cleaning.

Joat

I keep thinking about getting the Silencerco Sparrow. A very nice can from what I hear around the net. Very easy to clean after using 22 rimfire. No mallet and dowel like you need with my TAC-62.

No mallet and dowel like you need with my TAC-62.
Ever tried using anti-seize on the threads and baffle edges? That and cracking the can open while it's hot during the middle of the firing session helps somewhat.

mallet and dowel

The Spectre comes with a baffle pusher. I have pushed the baffle stack out with it after shooting 1000 rounds through my can. Didn't need to use a wrench or vice or anything, just my hands... But I will be trying that anti-seize idea.

Ever tried using anti-seize on the threads and baffle edges? That and cracking the can open while it's hot during the middle of the firing session helps somewhat.
That's what I use, but the baffles don't come out straight and bind if you try to pull them out. I don't have to whack it hard to get them out.

Back