223 Rem to 223 Wylde?

std7mag

So i've picked up a Savage 110 FP in 223 Rem. Question is do i need to reset headspace if i change it to 223 Wylde?

Or is it simple a throat change?

Thanks

I ask because while it's not a big deal to set headspace on a Savage, my brother in law wants same done on his sons Model 70.

Just curious, why the change to the wylde chamber?

I have an AR built with a 1:9” Wylde chamber, a ‘73 SP1 and a 10 year old Vangaurd that have .223 rem chambers. Shoot the same reloads through all three, and haven’t really noticed a difference in function or accuracy.

Could be that my reloads aren’t dialed in for each gun, more of a one load shoots acceptable in all 3, or, could be that I need more practice with each gun.

Just wondering what benifits your hoping for by rechambering. Just want to be able to stuff 5.56 in the chamber “safely”, or is there something else to it?

Cranlylove,

Was wanting to go to the Wylde chamber for the just in case i get some Nato ammo.
Don't need the pressure spikes that comes with the shorter throat on the 223 Rem.

With a 1:9 twist i plan on using 69gr. Sierra Matchkings.

And thank you Scorch..

People have been running 5.56 ammo through bolt action 223 rifles for many years. Myself included no real need to go have your chamber re cut. I have one chamber cut so that 75gr bthp ammo can be handloaded to mag length and be exactly .010 from the lands and I still can shoot nato surplus through it without problems.

Back