.223 AR pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequickad

I am thinking of buying one of those fire breathing .223 AR pistols. Looks like there are several choices: Professional Ordinance Carbon 15, Rocky Mountain Patriot, Olympic arms for high capacity and the tranditional single shot/repeaters like Remington XP100, Contenter and Long Eagle.

Any comments/knowledge sharing/experiences are greatly appreciated.

thequickad,

I own a XP100, and it is definately more accurate than I am. The barrel length is 14 inches and the kick is noticeable, but not uncomfortable for me. I've handled the Carbon and Rock Mountain models that you mentioned. Interesting in concept, but in my opinion, the AR pistols are not that practical for self-defense use or hunting. The barrels are so short that muzzle blast becomes severe, the report is very loud, recoil stiff, and the velocity of the .223 round falls out of its effective envelope. But if you are just looking for a curiosity toy, then, like I mentioned, the AR pistols are interesting... If I were to pick an AR pistol, I would go with the Carbon 15. My pick for a single shot .223 pistol stays with the Remington XP100, though the T/C Contender is also a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back