22 TCM Loads

TexasReloader

I have recently started reloading for the 22 TCM Pistol. My first loads were:

Winchester 296 using the Hornady V-Max 22 cal 35 grain #22252
I loaded 15 rounds;
9.5 gr. the round fired however pistol did not cycle.
10.0 gr. the round did fire pistol cycle was not consistent.
10.5 gr. the round fired and the pistol cycled.

I have a chronograph however I did not use it that day.
I did inspect the cases for over pressure, none to be found.

I was wondering how high on the powder should I go? I was thinking 10.7 or 10.8. Any thoughts?

:)

It's been a while since I've looked and haven't started loading for mine yet, but I believe Armscor has published data for this on their website.

H110 - 10.3 factory 40g Armscor Soft Pt -
Lee Dies, FCD to finish rounds
Added Lyman "M" Die to expand case mouth to .224 which allows bullet to set seated.
Ladders up and down still having Tumbling issues - Factory Armscor ammo all hit with a clean hole at 10 yards -

22TCM site used to be a good place to chat but it appears to be out of commission.

Still enjoy shooting this round - RI 1911 22TC -

Western Powders has pressure tested 22TCM load data using four of their powders. I'm not very familiar with the cartridge, but I have not seen any pressure tested data using H110/W296 powder.

-RGRacing

I have heard that H110 is goog powder to use for this cartridge, I was just concerned about going over everyones suggestion of 10.5 grains of Winchester 296 powder.

-jetinteriorguy

yes there is published data, I was just experimenting with the data. I want to be safe of course however I want to get an accurate load that does cycle out of my RI 1911 22TCM.

Does anyone know or have a good guess when the 22 TCM will be published in any reloading books??

Just wondering... I know the cartridge is not SAAMI. :)

From accurate arms powder site

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
e2021eacc9caae52f4b36340ec698186.jpg

Back