.22 tcm conv

skizzums

Hi, I am really interested in the 22 tcm round, but not in a full size 1911. I was hoping it wouldn't be too daunting of a project to convert maybe a glock over to the cartridge. Would it be as simple as finding a smith with a dreamer and a 22lr conversion kit, or would that not be possible due to the higher pressure? I see that the rock river uses the same mag for the 9mm and the tcm, does that mean any 9mm mag would work, or is the tcm too long? Just wondering what a project like this, if even possible, would entail. Thanks for any thoughts

I would have thought that the max OAL of the TCM (1.265) is probably too long to fit in a 9mm magaize, max OAL 1.169 but might depend on the mag.

I believe you'd need a gun chambered in 45acp but 10mm might work too.

There was some discussion by Lone Wolf a couple of years ago that they might make a conversion barrel but I don't believe they ever did.

Just a thought, wouldn't a .38 Super(1.280 in OAL)or 9mm Largo(1.320 in OAL) configured gun work as well based on the required length?

Well, if I would have to spend the money on a boutique glock, I would probably have to scrap the idea. I wish armscor would make another platform if they want their round to take off, seems like a great carry round and I love the fact that I can just chop down my 223 brass and 300blk brass that's ready for retirement. But still am curious, would I be able to ream a 22lr barrel for ir?

Last edited:
No.
22 TCM is a standard .22 centerfire with .224" jacketed bullets in a .224" barrel. Not the same as a Long Rifle barrel. And the TCM demands a locked breech action, it would demolish a .22 conversion.

I don't know why nobody has tooled up for aftermarket barrels. it would be a straightforward conversion for a .38 Super or long action 9mm.

I don't know why nobody has tooled up for aftermarket barrels.

I'm guessing it's because no other cartridge (or a remotely common one) would utilize a .224 barrel. 355, 400 and 451 barrel blanks can be made into multiple cartridges. Little demand and small market for .224 rounds in a Glock.

The .22 TCM was designed to fit a .45 magazine. It should work in a pistol designed for that caliber, but probably not in one designed for 9mm or in a magazine that has a block for 9mm. It is another "gimmick" cartridge, an unknown product chasing a non-existent demand.

Jim

I think its a great cartridge, I also like the 5.7 and all those cool little fast rounds. I am really taken with the TCM because of the cheap brass and available bullets. I could load em up with the stuff I already have laying around. I don't see why its a gimmick, 2100fps is a sweet number from a 6" bbl

I like this guys article on it,
http://homedefensejournal.com/2012/12/04/22-tcm-the-future-of-just-another-fad/

I will likely just get the 1911, I don't own any kind of 1911 anyways and I should probably have one. and for under 500$ you et a 9mm and the 22TCM, its a darn good deal. now I need to figure out which gun to sell.......:(

Last edited:
well, you can buy my Finnish VKT nagant from me, pretty sure it'll be legal for a little while

I cant find any in stock for a decent price, they were selling for 549$ for the 9mm/22tcm combo. now the only one I can find is on buds for 650$:(

Back