22 suppressor ammo?

Sharkbite

I just found this at a LGS. American Eagle 22lr subsonic "for suppressor". Its a 45gn @ 970fps (per the box)

I think i saw a thread about this ammo but ive searched and cant find it

Good stuff??

I haven't tried it, but I hear it's fine.

But keep in mind you don't need subsonic ammo out of a pistol, just a rifle. In most pistols even hi-velocity stuff will be subsonic. I was shooting my buddy's Mk III with a Spectre on it, and I alternated both CCI Mini-Mags and CCI subsonics in the same magazine. It was very hard to hear the difference between the two.

Thanks bud

Ive chrono'd both my 22/45 and my 10/22. Only the 10/22 need subs to be real quiet

With other subs my 10/22 is STUPID quiet. I just dont remember what was posted about this brand. I know it was talked about recently, even a pic posted but darned if i can find the thread

So far it seems like good stuff. Subsonic and cycles fine in my 10/22 and 22/45. Haven't run it through a chrono yet to see what the actual speed is though.

It was also the best price I could find for subs. The local shop is getting $39.95 a brick for it.

My LGS has a surplus of this as well. I've never tried it. I stocked up on Eley Subsonics when I recently add a Suppressor ready .22 savage bolt gun to the safe.

Back