.22 Silhouette...

Smokey Joe

Offhand @ 100yd. Well, my gun club has a league that does that, and some of the guys are hassling me to get in on the fun.

I've recently "inherited" a nice old Winchester Model 75 which was drilled & tapped for a 'scope mount, and put a 1" diam. mount onto it.

It shoots fine with CCI Silhouette ammo, with its old 3/4" diam. 'scope. Has a nice set of swivels and a sling.

Now, what sort of 'scope do I want for this game? Size? Magnification level? Maker/model reccommendations?

Am open to any & all suggestions. Thx in advance for yr. interest.

If the shoot is a regular silhouette type you'll be shooting at several different distances. A scope with good target type knobs will be an advantage.
Scope power is an individual choice. Some will like 32x or higher. Something like a 6x-20x is a good start.
BSA Platinum series makes an excellent value. Check Natchez supply for the 6x-24x . www.natchezss.com

Interesting!!

Guys, THX for the replies so far. So, I want a 'scope of fairly high magnification. Any particular reticle?

Yes, the shooting will be @ several distances, 25-50-75-100 yds. Little red steel silhouettes.

Scope reticle is a personal thing. Alot of guys like the large target dot [2min. I think] one even prefers the old 'post & crosshair'.
Anything will work. Check out what your competition uses. Have fun no matter what.

Back