.22 RF CAS?

ZVP

All the new .22 RF Lever guns sorta hints towards CAS FINALLY creating a RF catagory to the sport.
It's about time to do so because more folks admit owning a RF S/A revolver and at least one rifle in many cases.
The thought of the Old West ran through so many thoughts while shooting such guns! It's natural to have such guns compete and play the sport!
I dunno about the Shotgun requirement as few young shooters had a nice .410 double too...
Please tell me it's gonna be so!
ZVP

Derringer recoil?

Has anyone had the chance to compare the .32H&R, 9mm, and .38Special?
The .38 is very brisk and unless you use 2 hands, the little pistol will jump from your hand shooting full 158gr loads.
I think the 32 H&R would both give the high Magnum velocity power to the Power levels would be barely marginal Derringer but you could also shoot .32 Longs if the H&R recoil was too much.Still more ft lbs than the .22LR.
I hqave learned to shoot the 38 fairly comfortably but still really hang on to it! Recoil is VERY brisk.
Maybe the steel frame non-plus P 110 grain loads would be much lighter, they are from my Chief's Special.
At Card Table ranges the double Derringer is both powerful and accurate enough to thwart a foe!
With no cylinder gap and a similar length barrel the Derringer's 2" BBL, might just edge the revolver for 2 shots?
No matter what, it still has a place as a viable Pocket Companion even though the design harks back to Remington in the Civil War days! Modern calibers extenuate it's usefulness!
Today, modern Synthetic and Stainless Steel 9mm and .45ACP doubles are being developed so the basic design lives on...
ZVP

WEIRD! 2 posts tohether!

Don't know why the 2 posts didn't seperate. 2 seperate topics!
Sorry
ZVP

Back