.22 Magnum Snap Caps?

napg19

Can't find anyone online that makes or sells them. Lots of .22lr. Has anyone tried the long rifle ones in a .22 magnum cylinder? Maybe I just need to shot afew magnums and save some brass. I bought my wife and daughter both their own Ruger LCR 22 magnum revolvers and would like them to practice alot with them before they take their gun safety and shooting class and then ccw class. Thanks.:D

A-Zoom makes both .22 WMR and .17 HMR "snap caps".
Other companies make one or the other, or both, as well.

Either will work for a .22 WMR revolver, since the case body and rim dimensions are the same.

I can't figure a reason why a 22LR snap cap won't work in place of 22mag for a revolver. A 22mag auto loader would most likely require a 22mag snap cap to feed from the magazine. IMO, 22mag auto is uncommon.

I can't figure a reason why a 22LR snap cap won't work in place of 22mag for a revolver. A 22mag auto loader would most likely require a 22mag snap cap to feed from the magazine. IMO, 22mag auto is uncommon.
The rim diameter and thickness are notably different.

Unless you want to peen the chambers of your firearm (revolver or not), a properly sized snap cap is in order.

But, as mentioned above, .22 WMR snap caps have alternatives when used in a revolver (and some other firearms).
.22 WRF and .17 HMR share the same body diameter and rim dimensions. So, those snap caps can be used in place of .22 WMR snap caps, without issue.

Back