.22 LR to .22 Mag

Mesa

Is it feaseable or even practical to have a regular .22 LR converted to a .22 Magnum? I have 10 of the Romanian .22 Training rifles that are advertised in the Shotgun News all the time, and I was thinking it would be cool to have one in a .22 Magnum. Just a thought.

Mesa, it is feasible. The .22WMR is .001" larger in diameter than the .22LR. It may or may not be as accurate as a magnum but I've seen plenty that have been converted and were very accurate. George

What kind of money do you suppose I would be looking at to convert it to a .22 WMR? Also, what is the difference in a .22 WMR and a .22 Mag?

You will undoubtedly reduce the repeater to a single shot, don't forget.

[This message has been edited by Herodotus (edited April 15, 2000).]

Mesa, what do you think of those rifles? I've been looking at them for a while. DO they shoot well? What is your experiance with them?
Thanks
Scratch

Scratch, those guns shoot like demons. If you can see it, you can hit it. Out to 100+ yards with mini mags the guns are deadly. I have been to the range with them and people try to buy them off of me at crazy prices. I paid 39.95 each, plus 63.00 shipping, plus 60.00 for some sort of FFL deal. I ended up having 52.25 per gun invested. A darn good deal. Go in with some friends and/or relatives and get ten of them from Burns Bros. You won't regret it. I just wish I could order 10 more without Uncle Sam stepping in.

Back