.22 LR Handguns that Take Ruger 10/22 Magazines?

adn258

So lately I've been trying to buy guns as an investment, and I love guns that stick to commonly used magazines. No need to re-invent the wheel with propriety magazines.

For example Ruger's SR-22 is a .22 carbine AR-15 like rifle that takes their standard 10/22 mags: GREAT!

I'm wondering about handguns though? I've found a couple! The Tec-22 from Intratec, and the S-22P from Excel Arms. Both of these seems like junk, and the S-22P is based on Intratec's old model.

Are there any decent handguns that take 10/22 magazines that I'm not aware of?

Last edited:
What ???

Doesn't the Ruger Charger take 10/22 mags?
Yes sir and right now this is the only one that comes to mind. However there are a number of rifles that now take the 10/22 mag. My understanding is that the Ruger patent has run out and many are copying/duplicating this platform. Have to admit that I find the OP's motivation a bit puzzling …. :confused:

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
DaleA - There is an Sr-22 Rifle too. Just type SR-22 Rifle on google. It's annoying that I can't find the SR-22 Rifle on Ruger's website for some crazy reason.

Pahoo - My motivation is I'm trying to tailor my gun collection to where magazines can be used in multiple firearms like Glock Mags, 10/22 Mags, .22 LR AR conversion mags etc.

I'm trying to stay away from (as much as reasonably possible) propriety rare magazines that are used for a one company's particular firearm. I get the feeling high capacity magazines are going to go way up in value in the next decade, so I'm trying to stick with the most common highly tradable magazines out there. For example Glock 19 9mm magazines would come to mind as they are just so ubiquitous.

Maybe I'm wrong to think this way?

adn258 and all the others setting me straight. Thank you for the links to the rifle. Much appreciated.

I kind of agree it's a 10/22 in an ugly stock. That said, I had a friend that bought a Remington 597 .22 in their tactical stock because it was adjustable and would fit his wide variety of grandkids and adults. So I admit the tactical stock has a very good purpose.

The interchangeability of magazines would be A Very Good Idea but I think the boat has sailed on that and I agree it IS frustrating to have to pay so much for a magazine.

I'm thinking that the SR22 has morphed into the 10/22 tactical. They no longer catalog the SR22,but the Tactical is basically the same thing. Either way it is still a 10/22 hidden inside a different stock.

I think you are right on target.

None of these firearms would be investment grade firearms. The Rugers are functional and durable the others are basically junk from get-go. Not to mention being low end to begin with.

I agree DRM50. Firearms are generally a bad idea as investments although old Colts seem to hold their value and have increased to stupid levels.

That said, while Ruger makes a fine, fine firearm. Using them as investments is a sure way to lose money. They simply aren't investor grade guns.

A few Rugers are the exception

That said, while Ruger makes a fine, fine firearm. Using them as investments is a sure way to lose money. They simply aren't investor grade guns.
For the most part, I have to agree, although there are some exceptions. Pertaining to the 10/22 family, it's spot-on and that is why I questioned this choice, in a previous reply. I am a Ruger fan and do upgrades on 10/22. I know that I will never get my money out of them. …… ;)

Be Safe !!!

Back