.22 LR chamber dimensions?

JonShaKel

A guy at work is building a custom .22 rifle and has bought a blank barrel. What are the correct dimensions for the .22 LR chamber? Where can I find this information for him? He is an experienced tool and die maker just learning about firearms so I'm trying to help him out.

Jon, you can get a chamber print from Clymer or it's also in Roy Dunlap's book "Gunsmithing" but at a cost of only $38.00 for the reamer it will be much better to just buy one than to try to cut the chamber with a boring tool. George

"Types" of .22 Chambers?

Anyone have any references to dimensional drawings for the various types of .22 LR chambers, including the throat?

I remember reading once that there were "sporting" chambers, which the Ruger 10-22 and almost everything else uses (a bit "open" for feeding reliabilty), "match" chambers used in bolt-actions like the Winchester Model 52, and even some intermediate approach developed in the late 60s or mid-70s which by itself can significantly improve the accuracy of sporting guns...just set back the barrel 1/4-inch and rechamber.

Any clues?

I got some more information from this guy at work about what he is building. He is building a working scale model of a 10 barrel Gatlin gun. I thought he was looking for .22 LR information, but he is building it for .22 shorts. He is going all out with this. He has wire cut all the brass working parts and is building the wooden carriage.

Does anyone know the legalities of making Gatlin guns?

Thanks

Back