.22 JET Magnum???

ChrisR246

My dad used to have a revolver he called a .22 Jet Magnum. I believe it fired .38spl necked down for .22s. There were also spacers that allowed .22's to be fired through it. My understanding was it was designed for some type of clse in varmint or small game shooting. (He said it was great on the cats in the empty lot that kept him from sleeping when he worked 2nd shift.)

He got rid of it over 20 years ago. He traded it for my first shotgun.

Any ideas on what manufacturer/model it might have been?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Almost certainly a Smith & Wesson. I can't look it up for you at the moment because I am away from home, but I am sure some other members will have the information.

It is a....

Smith & Wesson Model 53. Shoots the .22 Remington Jet cartridge, which was actually a necked down .357 magnum.....
.....SmithNut

yup, it's a m-53. built on the k-frame with dual floating firing pins mounted in the frame. you could change from centerfire to rimfire by flipping a catch on the hammer. had the same sights as the masterpiece series k22,k32 and k38

Saw this at http://www.gunsamerica.com last night, if you're in a buying mood.

"MOD 53 REM. JET $769.00 SMITH & WESSON MODEL 53 REVOLVER CAL. 22 REM. JET WITH 22LR INSERTS, 6" BARREL. MINT CONDITION IN THE BOX WITH 22 JET AMMO INCLUDED.
GunsAmerica #976048924
Name: ARMTECH INTERNATIONAL INC.
Area Code: 815 FFL Dealer: Yes "

John

Chris,

my local gunstore has one for sale in it's wooden box, with spacers, and I believe a scope. I will be in here this Friday, I can check see if it is still around.

One problem, he is in California.

Bowser.

Back