.22 conversions

exgi

anybody have any comments on 22 conversions for 45 autos
i see one by ceiner and one by marvel advertised a lot and am wondering if anybody has used either?

The ciener works great!

I've used one on a full size Colt for several years and it shoots better than the 45.

Mine are the older Colt Ace conversion kits. The floating chamber is great as it helps simulate recoil - a feature missing in the blowback style conversions. One major foible: once the floating chamber gets leaded up, it's as if it was welded to the barrel and it takes quite a bit of effort to free it.

Mind you, the newer Colt Ace kits are straight blowback and like the Ciener have a aluminum slide.

I have a Ceiner Platinum and love it. Reliable and accurate with a variety of ammo. I am thinking that I want to get a frame built just to have it as a .22 rather than swap slides...

I've got a Ceiner unit that I keep mounted on a dedicated alloy frame. Very nice setup. Tons of fun!!

The Marvel units are made about an hour down the road from where I work, so I've had a chance to see a couple, but have never shot one. They appear well designed and made.

Good Luck...

Joe

Back