.22 CB's

CBs don't have enough "Oomph" to cycle the action. They're a very low-powered cartridge. From a long-barrelled bolt-action, they're great for doing in squirrels without the in-town neighbors hearing the shot. (Of course, that's what i've been TOLD, you understand. :D )

Art

my 10/22 will shoot them no problem... it's the feeding and the ejecting processes that it doesn't like so much (kinda like my relationship with habaneros). :D

To paraphrase what others have said and add just a smigeon more: You can fire CB, Shot Shells, 22Shorts, 22Longs (subsonic and primer only) in a semi-auto rifle; but the low power nature of the cartidges will probably dictate that you will only be able to shoot one at a time.

The standard velocity 22lr and hyper velocity load will probably cycle the action and you will have full use of semi auto.

If you wanted you could get CCI CB Longs or you could get Aguila Colibris... both of these use a LR casing instead of the Short casing, so you can load them into your mags and essentially turn your gun into a straight-pull bolt action... sometimes it's hard to get the old shell to eject though... I recommend a vigorous pull on the bolt handle.

Back