22 ammo at Rural King . . . but . . .

Prof Young

Was at Rural King and found a bunch of 22 ammo. Some weird brand I'd never hear of. $8.99 for fifty rounds. Almost 18 cents a shot. I took a pass. Still have good stash of 22LR and shorts. Will wait for prices to fall a bit.

Life is good.
Prof Young

I've bought four 325rnd boxes of federal auto-match 22LR at a local WM over the last 5 days. Price is $17.72 so approx 5.4¢/rnd before tax. Between that and a mkiii I bought that included over 500 rounds I'm up about 1,800 rounds of 22LR in the last week.
When I stopped at WM last Friday it was maybe 12:30. The clerk said he had just put the boxes out at around 10:30am and expected they would all be gone by 2pm.

I'm sure whoever crafted that policy sleeps just fine at night. The 22 ammo they're selling has the word 'rifle' printed on the box multiple times, it simply cannot function through a handgun. ;)

I think it’s that norma brand 22 ammo I’ve been seeing locally for 9 bucks a box. There’s big stacks of it at my local academies because the stuff is far to expensive.

Was at Rural King and found a bunch of 22 ammo. Some weird brand I'd never hear of. $8.99 for fifty rounds. Almost 18 cents a shot. I took a pass. Still have good stash of 22LR and shorts. Will wait for prices to fall a bit.

Life is good.
Prof Young
I heered of that brand also what were the name agin?

huk filn

Wallys

Picked up 3 100 rd. boxes of CCI shorts at Walmart yesterday. Guy ahead of me got the last three boxes of long rifle.
A good thing, my .22 short stock is low, gotta start rebuilding the stash when it's somewhat reasonable. Around 8 cents per, kinda steep for shorts.

Rural King around here had a bunch of ammo put out. I picked up 2 boxes of 357 HP for $22.99. They had 38 Spec for $18.99.

Our local Rural Kings here in North Florida do have at least a little ammo now. Not out on the shelves though. Look behind the counter. Whatever they have that's where it will be.

I didn't know Walmart sold .22 Shorts. Are they real .22 Short, or are the CB caps?
At one time, BB caps, CB caps, Shorts, Longs and Long Rifles were all available at sport/gun shops. As a Kid we shot Shorts mostly inasmuch as they were cheaper than Longs, or Long Rifles... my olderst brother had a J.C. Higgens auto loader that would fire all three.

Back